Manager of LEAN
.impact is seeking a new full-time employee to run the Local Effective Altruism Network (LEAN).
As Manager of LEAN, you will be at the forefront of a network of over 300 local groups working towards a better world.
You will regularly coordinate with group leaders at universities from Harvard to Cambridge, and in locations including Melbourne, Vancouver, London, Thailand, Singapore, Chicago, Geneva, Nairobi, and more.
As the brain of the LEAN, you will collect and interpret data on communication strategy, the landscape of doing good, the effectiveness of outreach methods, movement building, group psychology and more. Your research and ideas will help to provide actionable steps, increase efficiency, direct priorities and allocate resources for high-impact results.
You will be part of a creative, determined, kick-ass team who are working to maximise the impact of a new generation of changemakers.
You will benefit from:
- A meaningful, impactful career
- A fast-tracked learning experience
- The ability to set your ideas in motion
- An intellectually stimulating atmosphere
- Diverse and rewarding work
- Plenty of responsibility and autonomy
Your role will involve:
- Developing knowledge about people, networks and communities
- Interacting with hundreds of people online and in person, motivating and inspiring them to take action
- Orchestrating several volunteers assisting LEAN operations
- Providing groups with valuable resources, including websites
- Turning data and information into concrete, actionable steps
- Compiling and publishing original reports
- Generating ideas for high-impact actions
- Testing the impact of various outreach methods
- Developing and refining projects according to your research
- Consulting management on their strategies
- Giving local group leaders training on high-impact actions and events, measuring impact, people skills and community building
- Setting the pace and standard of one of the most exciting networks in the world
You should tell us - or better yet, show us if you have:
- A desire to lead change
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience building an organisation or project
- An ability to self-direct your own work
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Technical proficiency
- Organizational skills and an ability to prioritize tasks
- Willingness to travel
- A BA or equivalent
How should you apply?
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and an answer to the following question: What would be the first 5 things you’d do as Manager of LEAN?