If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the most effective way, one of the best things that you can do right now is develop a network of like-minded people with similar goals.
Helping you help others
By reaching out to others in your local area, you can have a tremendous amount of impact, potentially influencing numerous career choices and directing a significant number of donations towards EA charities (those recommended, for instance, by GiveWell or Giving What We Can)
By introducing more people to effective altruism, and stimulating discussion about how you can do the most good, you are building the foundations for others to make high-impact moves: you are giving them an opportunity to actualize their goals of alleviating suffering and improving the world.
We Can Help
If starting a Local Effective Altruism Group sounds interesting to you, or if you would like to develop an existing one, we want to hear from you - and we want to help.
The help and resources we offer include:
- An introduction to the key concepts of effective altruism
- Training on how to build the effective altruism movement
- One-on-one advice about how you can start a local EA group
- Guidance and support tailored to the specific area you are operating in
- A starter packet
- Ideas for events and activities
- A free website for your local group
- A free Meetup.com account
- A free Mailchimp account
- Help with sponsorship for Giving Games
- Resources to distribute among your group
- Help with publicity
- Communication platforms
- Advice about recruiting and managing members
- Help with group fundraisers
- Assistance with speakers for events
- Free discussion modules
If any of this appeals to you, or if there is something not listed here that you feel you or your group would benefit from, get in touch!